Great Veggie Sandwich Idea
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Vegetarian Recipes and other Vegetarian topics.
What is an easy, low-fat veggie sadwich recipe?
Some of the most popular lunch choices today are sandwiches but often times there aren't very many vegetarian options in that department. If you want to create your own delicious veggie sandwiches, try this low calorie vegetarian recipe for veggie pocket sandwiches:
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into cubes
- 1 large sweet potato cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 large bell pepper (red or green), cut into ¾ inch pieces
- 1 large onion cut into slices
- 1 large tomato cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 4 pita pockets, halved
- Salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Then, line a deep pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray. Bake vegetables for about 30 minutes until they are browned. Next, combine vegetables in a bowl. Mix the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and then drizzle over the vegetables. Toss the mixture until veggies are coated. Stuff spoonfuls of veggies into the pita pockets and you're done.