Tofu Burgers with Taste
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Meat Alternatives and other Vegetarian topics.
How can I make flavorful tofu burgers?
If you think that tofu burgers are bland unsatisfying, think again. A tofu burger will be as flavorful or unflavorful as you make it. Looking for a good idea? Try making some delicious smoked tofu burgers that will leave no room for complaints. Before getting started, grill some firm tofu over mesquite chips for 20 to 30 minutes. Then, follow the recipe below:
- ¼ cup finely diced bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons of dark sesame oil
- 4 ounces of cremini mushrooms, finely diced
- ¼ jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon of reduced sodium soy sauce
- Smoked tofu
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- 2/3 cup unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg white
- Oriental-flavored cooking spray
- Whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Sauté the bell pepper, chopped onion, garlic, and jalapeno chili in sesame oil until tender (about 5 minutes). Add mushrooms and soy sauce and sauté for 3 to 4 additional minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir tofu, rice, and breadcrumbs into mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix in egg white and form “burger” shapes.
- Spray a large pan with cooking spray and meat on medium until hot. Spray the tops of the “burgers” with cooking spray and turn until cooked and browned on both sides.
- Serve on buns with sliced onions.