Herbed Alfredo Sauce
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Vegetarian Sauces and other Vegetarian topics.
What is a recipe for vegetarian pasta sauce?
- 1 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 can (14oz.) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill (or 1 tsp. dried)
In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add green onions and garlic. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in flour. Gradually whisk in evaporated milk. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add cheese and herbs. Serve immediately.