Thick and Chunky Spaghetti Sauce
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Vegetarian Sauces and other Vegetarian topics.
What is a recipe for vegetarian pasta sauce?
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (28 oz.) tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 can (5 1/2 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. leaf oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. marjoram
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Pinch cayenne pepper Salt and freshly ground pepper
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, celery, onion and green pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add mushrooms. Cook 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until thickened.