Chunky Bean Spread
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Vegetarian Appetizers and other Vegetarian topics.
What is a vegetarian recipe for a spread or pate?
- 1/2 medium green or red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1 or 2 scallions, green part only
- coarsely chopped 16-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, or more to taste
- Fresh whole-grain or rye bread
Combine the bell pepper, zucchini, olives, and scallions in a food processor. Pulse on and off several times, until the pepper and zucchini are chopped into approximately 1/4-inch pieces. Add the beans, lemon juice, and seasonings, and pulse the food processor on and off until everything is evenly chopped, with a chunky texture.