Which celebs are Vegetarians and Why?
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Vegetarian Cooking and other Vegetarian topics.
Many celebrities are vegetarian or vegan. Vegetarians do not eat meat, vegans take that lifestyle a step further and refuse to consume any products that come from animals, including butter, cream, milk. In the strictest form of the lifestyle, vegans won't wear leather/silk/wool or fur. For some it's a passing phase, for others its a permanent lifestyle change, here are a few celebs that made the commitment:.
- Andre 3000 Benjamin of Outkast - Even though many of his hip-hop and rap contemporaries disagree with his choice, Andre has been a proud vegan since 1996.
- Ellen DeGeneres and wife Portia de Rossi - the super popular couple decided to commit to a vegan lifestyle together, no doubt having a spouse's support helped tremendously in what is a massive lifestyle change
- Russell Brand - The British comedian says that he became a vegetarian at age fourteen. He maintains that even when he was addicted to heroin, he still wouldn't eat meat. Brand was crowned Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrity in 2011
- President Bill Clinton - After leaving the White House, prompted by two heart procedures and advice from a trusted doctor, Clinton gave up his meat and fat filled diet to begin a vegetarian lifestyle, during the transformation, he dropped over twenty pounds
- Al Gore - Former Vice President took awhile to convert, but eventually he followed his running mate's lead and switched to a vegan diet in late 2013.
- Carrie Underwood - Carrie swore off meat at the age,of thirteen. Being raised on a farm, Underwood just couldn't imagine eating one of her own animals
- Woody Harrelson - Harrelson has been an advocate of veganism for years. His latest venture is co-owning the very first organic vegan beer garden
These are just a few of the celebrities who are vegan. Whether they want to get healthy or advocate for animals, being a vegetarian is all over Hollywood and won't be going anywhere anytime soon.