Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Vegetarian Sauces and other Vegetarian topics.
What is a recipe for primavera sauce?
- 3 carrots, cut into match-stick pieces
- 1 zucchini, sliced (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil (or 2 tsp. dried)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Place carrots, zucchini, broccoli and peas in steamer basket. Place basket over boiling water. Cover, and steam for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. In frying pan, heat oil. Cook red pepper flakes in oil for 1 minute. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft and mushroom liquid evaporates. Stir in broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in steamed vegetables, basil and Parmesan cheese. Serves 4.