Preparation for Low-Fat Cooking
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Low Fat Foods and other Vegetarian topics.
What can I do to better prepare myself to cook low fat vegetarian meals?
Want to eat low fat foods? The trick is being prepared and cooking smart. Here are some great tips to help you get on your way to making the best low fat vegetarian dishes possible:
- Purchase a nice set of affordable non-stick cookware.
- Buy a few highly rated low-fat vegetarian cookbooks in which to find inspiration
- Build up your spice rack.
One of best tips on cooking low-fat is to make sure you don't get bored and adding spice will keep thing interesting.
- Always keep cooking spray on hand.
- Use olive oil for cooking as often as you can. It adds flavor and is healthier.
- For sauteeing, use a teaspoon of oil and spread it in the pan with a pastry brush. If need only to lightly coat the pan with oil, use a spray bottle instead.
- Buy a great wok and stir fry often. You can easily stir-fry in water or a vegetable broth with without affecting taste.
- Thicken gravies with milk or, if you don't eat dairy, use a a blender to mix broth with flour.