Adding More Fiber To Your Diet
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about High Fiber Foods and other Vegetarian topics.
How can I work more fiber into my diet?
Are you trying to figure out how to get high fiber into your diet? As a consumer, there are many things you can do to work more fiber into your daily diet. Here are some great tips:
- Examine all food labels and look for labels with whole grain or whole wheat listed as the first ingredient.
- Find ready-to-eat cereals (or cooked ones) that contain at least 3 grams of fiber per serving.
- Consume lots of fruits and vegetables; these have more fiber than canned foods or juices. Dried fruits are another good source of fiber.
- Increase fiber when in recipes by throwing in back-eyed peas, pinto beans, kidney beans, bran, or oatmeal.
- Add 3 teaspoons of unprocessed wheat bran to food items.
- Dairy foods don't provide a lot of fiber. However, you can increase fiber by adding fruit, cereals, or nuts to your yogurt.
- If possible, leave on peels as they contain a lot of fiber.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.